Inspired by some of the other authors in our genre, I’ve decided to give a short story submission for the System Apocalypse a go. I’d love to see the world expanded upon, but I’ve only got so much time.
- Setting: Earth, the System Apocalypse before book 3 ends (within the 1st year of the System).
- Length: 10,000-20,000 words
- Deadline: June 30, 2019
- Payment: $0.06 per word
- Rights: Worldwide English language rights.
- Number to be selected: 3 – 5 stories. Note, insufficient number of relevant / good entries will require this anthology to be scrapped most likely.
- Authors agree not to publish, nor authorize or permit the publication of, any part of the material submitted as is (that is, with System Apocalypse IP) even if they are not selected.
What I’m looking for:
Something unique, something I haven’t done and preferably, something others haven’t done. I enjoy reading more interesting characters with interesting Classes, so the next spellsword / mage / assassin-warrior-mage character is less likely to interest me than say, a family of circus performers.
Please note, accepted submissions will go through an editing process with me. I expect that some aspects of the Skills / stat screens might not be exact. I’m more interested in a well-crafted story that can be edited to fit the world than a story that is exactly perfect to the world but is badly written.
Lastly, submissions need to follow the basic lore of the world. Minor deviations are fine, but outright contradictions will be an issue and likely face automatic rejection.
Submission formats: Please include your name, address and e-mail address in your submissions. Use Word or an open document with formatting for headers/etc.
Submit to: trwong at mylifemytao.com