Firstly, I’m fine. My family’s fine. So far, we’ve been lucky to avoid the bug. Based up here, there have been a total of 7 cases thus far, and they’re restricting trips into the Yukon. That makes it quite possible that we might miss out on the majority of the problems.
We’re still under self-isolation orders and school has been out. And we’ve been told, as of today, that school is out for the rest of the year. That means we’re homeschooling the kid for the rest of the year.
What does that mean:
- Slower releases most likely. While I believe I’ll still hit Stars Asunder’s release date of July 1, 2020, I don’t think I’ll be releasing early like the First War.
- I’m uncertain of release order after Stars Asunder. It will either be a series of short stories while I wait for my edits to come back and/or an Adventures on Brad book.
- After that, I’ll be working on the next book for A Thousand Li. I’m not sure I’ll be putting up a pre-order for it. It’ll depend on how getting this book done and the summer goes.
- I’m cancelling plans for a second System Apocalypse short story anthology. The first anthology is still deeply in the red. And I do not have the mental energy to deal with editing and proofing along with doing a Kickstarter to get it funded .
- Outside of that, I’ve contacted my German translator and we’re going ahead with books 2 & 3 for translation for the System Apocalypse.
- Audiobooks are all planned for recording, with First War coming out on 7/28 and the other audiobooks remaining (Rebel Star & A Jinn’s Wish) available on my store and out on Audible whenever they decide to release it.
That’s all I can forsee, but there might be more delays. Keeping the child and wife entertained / sane during this period is taxing. While we’re much safer than most and are allowed outo f the house, it’s still a little bit of a strain. Depending on what happens with the rest of the year / how we hold up, releases might slow down.
And that’s about it for now. Take care everyone and stay safe! Leave questions below, etc.